- Ministry of Education
- Sukhoi State Technical University of Gomel
Sukhoi State Technical University of Gomel
Sukhoi State Technical University of Gomel is one of the biggest regional universities, which focuses on training specialists in mechanical engineering, technological engineering and power engineering. The university also trains specialists in economy and management. There are six faculties: Mechanical Engineering, Power Engineering, Technological, Economic and Humanities, Automation and Information Systems, Correspondence and Up-Grading and Retraining Institute.
The Main Directions of Research and Innovation Activity:
- Creation of mechatronic, robotic and intelligent information systems, artificial intelligence systems for the Internet of things;
- information technology and physical and biomechanical system modeling;
- automation of technological processes and production, CALS-technologies that provide information support for deliveries and product life cycle;
- structural and composite materials and products with fundamentally new or specified functional properties;
- additive technologies, 3D and 4D printing; the use of intelligent systems in the design of mobile machines and assemblies;
- energy supply, conservation and its efficiency, including renewable energy technologies;
- material science, physical and chemical methods and technologies for obtaining new substances, materials, nanoconstruction of structural materials with special properties;
- mathematical and physical methods for studying fundamental interactions and structure of matter;
- social and humanitarian technologies for sustainable development of the regions and directions of Belarusian economy modernization;
- marketing technologies for formation and development of branding of territories and organizations.
Development of technical documentation; design development of similar devices for a specific type of production; organization of joint production, license and technology sale.
Progressive material processing methods and metal-cutting tools
Methods for processing complex surfaces are proposed based on the developed schemes of allowance shaping and cutting. Constructions of built-up progressive metal-cutting tools are developed, including mechanized ones. Friction damping composite materials and polymer- and metal-based coatings with abrasive-containing fillers are developed, which have been used as thin damping coatings on the base surfaces of built-up cutting tools and have provided increase in wear resistance and strength by 1.4 times. Material components are cheap and do not require processing. They increase the vibration resistance of built-up mechanical joints and the reliability of detachable and non-detachable joints by 1.4 times.
Material components are cheap and do not require processing. They increase the vibration resistance of built-up mechanical joints and the reliability of detachable and non-detachable joints by 1.4 times.The proposed tool designs provide the increase of comples surfaces performance up to five times and relaiability increase up to two times.