- National Science Academy
- Institute of Mechanics of Metal-Polymer Systems named after V.A. Belogo National Academy of Sciences of Belarus
Institute of Mechanics of Metal-Polymer Systems named after V.A. Belogo National Academy of Sciences of Belarus
The State Scientific Institution V. A. Belyi Metal-Polymer Research Institute of National Academy of Sciences of Belarus (MPRI NASB)
MPRI is an academic scientific and engineering center consisting of 5 research departments, and Editorial Boards of scientific journals “Friction and Wear” and “Materials, Technologies, Tools”.
The Institute is engaged in fundamental and applied investigations within the scope of the two main assigned trends:
- Interfacial phenomenon in polymer systems, physico-chemica bases of developing composite materials on the base of organic and inorganic polymers;
- Physics, chemistry and mechanics of surface, analysis of contact interactions, friction, wear and lubrication in engineering and biological systems.
THE INSTITUTE RUNS:
Post-graduate and senior doctorate courses, a Council on granting Doctor and Candidate (Ph.D) of Sciences degrees in specialties:
- Physics of condensed state;
- Materials science (engineering);
- Belarus Center of probe microscopy;
- Center of tribological testing and certification of composite materials and lubricants.
THE INSTITUTE PUBLISHES TWO JOURNALS:
- International journal “Friction and Wear” (6 issues/year) in Russian, its English translation is published by Pleiades Publishing, Inc. and by Springer in electron version,
- International scientific and technical journal “Materials, Technologies, Tools” in Russian (4 issues/year),
Filter sell “GRIF-R”
Filter sell “GRIF-R” is intended for purification of gases from solid particles and aerosols.
Can be used in the chemical and oil-gas industries.
Designed to replace the CS604LGH13 PALL filter sells. A fiber-porous polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) can be produced in two forms: as a felt layer “GRIFTEX” and a free wool. “GRIFTEX” is used as a filter material for special-purpose filtration systems;
The “GRIFTEX” wool consists of twisted fibers of irregular cross-section of 10…15 mm mean size up to 10 mm length. The felt consists of short fibers of 10…15 mm mean cross-section size, 0.2…2 mm length, which are alloyed with each others at the points of mutual contacts. The felt porosity is 85...90 %, its mean density – 300…400 kg/m3. The felt and the wool chemical and thermal resistance is the same as that of the virgin PTFE. The felt mean dynamic pore size is 20-30 mm with wide size distribution.