Get to know Estonia
In Estonia, clean and untouched nature co-exists with the world’s most digitally advanced society. It is a place for independent minds where bright ideas meet a can-do spirit.
Estonia is committed to freedom both domestically and internationally. We are economically, culturally, and politically integrated to the West, most importantly through the EU and NATO. We are also part of the Schengen area. As a country we have built a cohesive society that is transparent, safe, and resilient.
- Committed NATO member with defence budget of 2.3% GDP
- Among freest nations in the world
- Among top countries for press freedom
- Among countries with least corruption
Estonia is the first fully digitally transformed country with 99% of government services available online 24/7. By offering everybody the chance to become an e-resident of Estonia, we empower entrepreneurs all around the world to start and run businesses fast and efficiently. We have the highest number of start-up unicorns per capita in the world.
- The first country in the world to offer e-residency
- The first country in the world to vote online
- Three minutes to file your taxes
- Most entrepreneurial country in Europe
Estonia’s biggest asset is our people. Many of them have accomplished significant things. Some are world famous, and others known only to a few, what matters is that all of them have used their minds independently and brought their vision to life. Our focus on education and an open economy makes sure that everybody can fulfil their potential here.
- Best education in Europe
- Our society is not hierarchical
- Everyone can live up to their potential
- Easy and straightforward communication with the state
Please firnd more information: