- The country is one of the world's top five cotton producers (China, USA, India, Pakistan, Uzbekistan), most of which is exported.
- Uzbekistan is home to the oldest cities in the world - Samarkand (8th century BC) and Bukhara (6th century BC). They are the same age as Rome.
- Most cars here are of white color because it gets less warm in the heat.
- There are more than two thousand mosques on the territory of this country.
- Mirzachul melons - the most delicious in the world, due to the unique combination of dry soil, scarce irrigation and the high number of sunny days per year; in general, all fruits, vegetables and berries growing in Uzbekistan, have a very high content of natural sugars.
- In terms of gold reserves Uzbekistan ranks the fourth in the world after South Africa, the USA and Russia.
- The heyday of science and culture of the region came in the 14th century, when Tamerlane was its ruler. He made Samarkand, now the third largest city in the country, the capital of his state.
- Uzbeks are the third largest ethnic group on the planet, speaking the language of the Turkic group.
- One of the attractions of Tashkent is its metro, built in 1977, the only one in Central Asia. Each station is lined with marble, gilding and glass. Apart from the beauty, the metro can also boast of cleanliness.
- The longest river in Central Asia, the Syr Darya, flows through Uzbekistan and is over two thousand two hundred kilometers long
Embassy of the Republic of Uzbekistan in Latvia:
Embassy of the Republic of Uzbekistan
Elizabetes iela 11/11,
LV 1010 Riga/ Latvia
- For citizens of the Republic of Estonia, a visa is not required for a 30-day stay.
- It is recommended to obtain health and travel insurance
During the first 3 working days of stay, it is necessary to register on the website of the Ministry of the Interior or at the hotel of residence.
Russian citizenship with a permanent residence permit in the EE
- Visa is not required for stays of up to 60 days
- Passport valid for at least 3 months after the trip
- Permit of residence in the Russian Federation
- Ticket with return flight
- Cash on hand
- We recommend to take out travel health insurance
Non-EU citizens with permanent residence in the EE
- visa required, more information on the embassy website:
-It is recommended to obtain travel health insurance
- It is highly recommended to take out travel health insurance for the whole duration of your trip before the trip.
- Before the trip, we recommend registering on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Estonia: