- Territorially Ukraine is one of the largest states in Europe, followed by France and Spain
- The largest monasteries are named Lavra, only 6 monasteries in the world have this status. Three monasteries are situated in Ukraine: the Kiev-Pechersk Lavra in Kiev, the Holy Dormition Lavra in Pochaev and the Sviatogorsk Holy Dormition Lavra in Donetsk region.
- The first kerosene lamp was invented in Lviv in 1853 by Ignaty Lukasevich and Jan Zech, who worked at the drugstore "Under the Golden Star".
- The monuments to the most famous Ukrainian poet Taras Shevchenko are installed in 1200 cities of the world, it is the greatest number of monuments in the world.
- Kiev is home to one of the most visited restaurants in the world - McDonald's. It takes third place and is among the five busiest McDonald's in the world.
- Ukraine has several ski resorts in the Carpathian Mountains, the most famous among them Bukovel, which has 55 kilometers of slopes and 15 ski lifts.
- In 1934 a beauty contest was held in Paris... Languages! The languages were selected on such criteria as phonetics, lexicon, phraseology, the structure of sentences. Ukrainian language took the third place, giving way only to Persian and French.
- Freedom Square in Kharkov is the largest square in Europe.
- The longest embankment in Europe is situated in Dnepropetrovsk. Its length is 30 km.
- In Berdichev city (Zhytomyr region) on March, 14, 1850 in the church of St.Barbara Honore de Balzac - one of the most known French novelists of 19 century was married.
- Lviv is the unofficial capital of coffee and chocolate in Ukraine, with the highest number of coffee shops and restaurants per capita. And also in local restaurants you can try the local delicacy - lard in chocolate!