We’re looking for a Payment Operations Specialist to join our team in Tallinn. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, being a part of our international Operations team and helping save millions of people money.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing:
- Solve customers’ payment-related problems.
- Build solid ownership of operational processes with your team
- Drive operational excellence, while maintaining sufficient controls and assessing and mitigating operational risks
- Help translate our customer needs into plans and support these with analysis
- Drive improvements to our product and work processes to become more efficient
- Act as a point of contact and build good relationships with our partners
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Make an Impact - You’ll help to identify and automate manual processes that complicate our customers’ lives, while increasing the efficiency of the whole operations organisation, driving us towards Mission Zero!
- Challenge Yourself - You’ll be working with teams that face complex situations. You get the chance to question the norm and drive to make things happen instead of wondering why things happened. Through that you can learn more about yourself and what you are capable of when given the right tools and mentoring.
- Inspire Teams - You’ll fuel the revolution with your ideas, knowledge, self-starter attitude, and customer insight, which you’ll use to work with product development engineers and other operational teams to help solve our customer’s problems!
- Work Globally - You’ll work closely with internal and external partners and help to figure out ways to make our customers’ lives better.
- You have excellent written and verbal English skills
- You place customers first and you make no compromise on this
- You’re accurate and pay attention to detail. You enjoy owning your work and taking charge on projects when needed
- You’re a clear and honest communicator, persuasive and adaptive to different audiences
- You're comfortable with feedback and being part of a team where ideas are shared and openness is valued
- You’re proactive and a great relationship builder
- You are flexible with your work hours. We aim to help our global customers any time they need it, occasionally during weekends and holidays
- You’re interested in moving to Tallinn, Estonia (relocation and visa is supported)
Some extra skills that would be great:
- You have relevant experience working in operations or led cross functional projects that drive efficiency and scaling of manual work
- You know how to use data to prioritise tasks that have the most impact to customers
PS! If you're interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter in English by clicking on the "APPLICATION FORM LINK"
We’re committed to supporting Ukrainian refugees applying for this position. If you’ve had to relocate and are looking for a new job, don’t hesitate to apply below.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
- Stock options in a profitable company
- Wellbeing support - You and your family have access to an Employee Assistance Program, where you’ll be able to speak to qualified counsellors for support on anything that matters to you
- 6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise on top of annual leave
- National health insurance plan, with additional 3 health days per year, and sports allowance
- Volunteering day off
- Hybrid model of flexible working
More Expo showcases
If you need more information on how to apply for a job, how to prepare your application documents or how to go to a job interview, you will find the information you need. You can watch a range of career-related videos, try an asynchronous job interview with an artificial intelligence and, if you want, take part in workshops or career advice sessions until 22 April, subject to availability.